Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Humbly Bow at Your Feet

Father,
Forgive me for all of the times that I forget:
that I need you more than I need my next breath.
that my words to You are of no importance in comparison to Your words to me.
that the secret place is far greater than any public place.
that this world is my temporary address, not my heavenly home.
that my words pass and fade, but Your Word is forever.
that this life of mine is nothing if I do not spend it in the presence of Everything.
that the harvest can only be reaped in the amount that it is sown.
that You, oh Love, are greater than any byproduct human love.
that selfishness opposes servanthood and servanthood, evil.
that cravings of the flesh deceive and destroy, but Your craving produce luscious fruit.
that You hold me in the same hand that You hold all the stars of the universe.
that Your plan surpasses the picture book I would destroy.
I ask all this in Your mighty name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment