Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lavish in Mercy; Scarce in Self

I choose you not for what you can bring me
for I know that you have nothing to offer,
yet I still choose you and I want you to see
that there is a reason I made you my coffer.

Sitting there looking at your human lowly self
trying to fix and obtain My pure beauty;
not realizing that it comes not from yourself
and not from your vain attempts at duty.

Grace is the reason from which you are saved
and from grace, here you stand high and sing;
each secret, unspeakable sin has been waved
you are My bride, and Holy Spirit, your ring.

For with nothing I came down as a child
to rescue you, oh nothing, from obscurity;
in the midst of your suffering, I joyfully smiled
for I transformed you into My purity.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you,
so be still and know I am King of Kings.
Stop exhausting strength to make yourself new;
just rest in these perfect mercy springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment