Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Egyptians

You stand on a tall rock. You are untouchable, yet your brain tells otherwise. This five foot diameter fortress stands hundreds of yards above the ground with no ledges for climbing. You are untouchable, yet your brain tells otherwise. Because you see creatures, evil creatures, crawling at the base of the rock. Grabbing and scratching to try to get to you. This makes your forget that you are safe on the rock and you cry out for help! Then you see something else: Knights in armor and warriors are fighting for you. They bash and smash every creature that comes near the base of the rock; because, although you're safe on the rock, they are the ultimate fighters and they love you. Yet, in your human nature, your eyes fix once again upon the evil creatures. They seem too powerful regardless of all you know about their defeat. You once again moan and wail, "Help!" Suddenly, you look to your right, and you see an eagle. And you are raised up on eagle's wings. All you need to do is rest on the wings, on the rock, knowing who's fighting for you and who's defeated all for you.


Exodus 14:13&14
13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”


Exodus 19:4
4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself.


Psalm 18:2
2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
   my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
   my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

No comments:

Post a Comment