Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Isaiah 40:3

Why do we treat evangelism like it's a "when-convenient" scenario, when it's actually a "now-or-never" scenario? We need to wake up because not only are the "people around the world" perishing, the people in front of our faces are perishing. The "Now just isn't a good time" excuse doesn't work. Guess what: we serve the Author of time - every time is a good time. We serve the God in whom all things are good - every time is a good time. We serve a God who is never changing - every time is a good time.

Today, time stood still as my car spun out of control. I could have died. What did I think about during these moments? Did I think, "Now is just not a good time, God." ? No. In these few seconds, I thought to myself as my passenger yelled "Jesus, Jesus!", "Jesus, keep me here. I haven't told all of your  name and proclaimed 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.' Keep me for I have been stagnant - I'm ready, now, to move."

Now IS a good time for Jesus said, "Go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment